The Holidays are behind us. 2017, hard to believe. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and a Happy New Year! Wishing all the best to you & yours for the year ahead. Here we are, February approaching. Valentines, romantic dinners, roses and candy, red Jello in the "Heart Mold" for our little darlings. All the sweet stuff.
And we have a sweet program for our general Meeting on Thursday, February 16th. Carolyn Reichert will take us "Around the World in 80 days with a Single Suitcase". Join us to see how this is possible.
We would love to have all come to our general meeting and get to know some of our newer members. Invite your new neighbor to attend. Help us build our circle of friendship in Villa Park.
Thank you to Sandra Murg and her committee (worker bees) for selecting winners of the Winter Beautification Awards.
- Animation: 18362 James Rd., Jeannie & Dean DeSantis-Poremba
- Religious: 18982 Wildwood Way, Sue & Chuck Smith
- Spectacular: 18562 Villa Drive, Cherie & Stan Ellis
- Holiday: 18201 Montana Circle, Mr. & Mrs. Gonzalez
- Best Still Display: 18301 Hillcrest Ave., Page & William Baker
Anita Kantak, Bridgett Baril and Jeannie DeSantis have been working on the details of our fundraiser for Sunday, April 30th, and will report on their progress at the general meeting, February 16th. Many volunteers are needed to m ake this a FUN and successful event.
Please mark your calendars with the following important dates:
- Thursday, February 16th, General Membership Meeting, 6:00PM
- Thursday, April 27th, General Membership Meeting, 6:00PM
- Sunday, April 30th, VPWL Fundraiser FESTA, 4:00PM to 8:00PM
The league is about you. Looking forward to seeing you all on the 16th. Surprise Prizes!